Thursday, June 01, 2006

So I left you...

Sorry for little posting this week - the work atmosphere here at histogenex has not been particularly fantastic this week - one of my bosses lost his son suddenly this week (who happened to be the same age as me) - and since it is a little company, we have all been quite hit. Dont know what to expect in the near future. I cant even pretend to imagine how difficult it must be to lose a child - just starting a life for himself - just when you think everything is ok...

Without any intention to stereotype, I have seen/heard of more people dying here in the last 2 years than I had in the rest of my life in Australia. I am aware that as you grow older, these things become more evident, however, I really dont know if it is ever possible to get used to people dying young. Every single person I have met here, lost at least one friend PER YEAR while they were still in 'de middelbare' (age 13-18). I am still coming to terms with Sally Urquhart dying last year, but it appears that if I am to live here much longer, I must train myself that 'these things happen'...

Until next time (and hopefully a nicer blog...)

No comments: