Monday, December 18, 2006

Leave me out with the waste, this is not what I do

Eeeeek - the silly season has finally hit me! Had a chat with Kelly Chan a few weeks ago, and she commented that there is a chronic lack of the 'silly season' here, but she has decided to take the initiative and create her own version, and now I have decided to jump aboard! Firstly, with arranging a group of colleagues to go to see the scissor sisters... When I first started working, it was rather unheard of to associate with colleagues outside of work, so I am proud of introducing at least something to that environment. However, I am still waiting for the web to authorise bookings... so I am a little nervous that it will be sold out before I manage to book our outing! Oh well - maybe something else.

For the first time this year, I had to scrape ice off the car this morning. It's funny - I went to work, and commented that it must have frozen last night (hence the reason for ice) and I was surprised at the amount of people who told me that it didn't. So somewhere along the line, water decided to start freezing at temperatures above zero. Funny - all that learning in school didn't teach me that the rules change depending on who you talk to (ooooh - sarcastic bitch, aren't I?). But, after around 5 minutes of scraping, Gust managed to put-put all the way to work withough hassle. He only coughed a little before starting, so I am proud of him.

Have also received some photos from my family this week - Emme just graduated, so I am so proud (not to mention wildly jealous) of her. Plus, my mum has trimmed down a bit, going to the gym regularly, and somehow managed to un-age! Good going family. Oh, and there's dad too! Still managing to look great! So, since I am in a silly mood - here's a dedication to my wonderful family, who have to put up with so much from me! xxx


1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congrats Emme!! and WOW ingrid your Mum looks Great! Way to go Lyn!
See you next month in Melbourne!
Kelly x