Sunday, April 15, 2007

In the summertime, when the weather is

After a notable absence, I have decided to update the blog with what has been happening here since the weather decided to take a turn for the better! Now, we are having 20°C+ days (yes, that may seem like winter in australia, but here it is the return of the white leg and time to put on that one pair of sandals...)

So, we have been, once again, enjoying food, wine and lots of bike riding!






To mark the beginning of the summer, I decided to cook whole fish for Tom and myself - which to a girl who grew up on the coast, was no biggy - you learn how to scale and clean a fish, stuff it (if necessary) and most importantly, eat it so that the backbone remains intact. Poor tommy hadn't yet learnt these principles, and was a little frustrated with enduring the gag reflex every few bites. But, at least he enjoyed the veges...!

Then, last night, Tom's mother was getting itchy feet to go out somewhere in the city, so we all decided on 'Restaurant Fez' and enjoyed a full Maroccan experience! Little did we know that our very own belly dancer would come out and give us a semi-private show. The only problem was that she was so close, and I actually didnt know where to put my eyes! But I suppose, she had a fantastic body, and knew how to move it, so we all just watched!!

After nearly 3 years, am still not yet accustomed to the temperature difference between day and night. Here, the entire day + night has a range of around 5°C. So, when I dress up in the evening, I tend to overdo it, expecting that it will be colder when the sun goes down. Mental Note - Sweat marks are not a fashion statement in the evening!

On top of this, my lovely bike, Lulu is back in action, and I am enjoying every moment of it! After many a wasted hour, we changed her rear inner tyre last Friday, went for a ride, and had a fresh new puncture! So, we went to the bike store, bought some new patches, and attempted to fix this ourselves. Stupid man at the store didnt feel that it was necessary to tell us that you needed glue as well! So, I zoomed off to the hardware (in Gust - no way I was going to ride a bike with a flat tyre again!) and found the glue, and after 2 hours of trying, we finally mended the hole! So since the beginning of April, I have been riding around 20km a day - this also includes one wrong turn somewhere along a highway and ending up on a BMX track - ok for tom's bike, but on a granny bike like mine, not entirely so practical! All that sand is just nasty!

No comments: