Monday, April 03, 2006

Fun at Football

Just an update on our weekend...

Have started exercising again (for spring) - did 22 laps of the pool on Friday (after i bludgingly took a day off on Friday and proclaimed to my colleagues that it was 'Ingrid-Day'). Felt refreshed and like an athlete! Ha!

Yesterday was Miel's birthday (51 for any of you who wanted to know), so for a present, Tom's mum decided we should all go for bowling and dinner on Saturday evening. The six of us (parents, sister and boyfriend, tom and I) went to Wilrijk WIMA to bowl our bums off. Pity I never seem to improve. If it is at all possible, I think I am the only person on the planet who seems to un-improve at any sort of sport. Sad hey - especially for someone who is so bitterly unsportsmanly (some would say it is karma - I would just say that everyone knows something that I am missing out on). But, after 2 wines and bowling left handed, I somehow managed to improve. Shortly after, we had an all-you-can eat feast of all sorts, so I managed to have my share of 17 courses (15 of those dessert).

Sunday I woke up about 20kg heavier, and cleaned the house before heading off to the next party - Tom's football end of season party in the Greek restaurant of Kontich. Being a Sunday night, we agreed to take it a little easy, but it seemed quite unlikely once we arrived and had 2 rakis or oozos (or however you spell them) for apperatief. It went simply downhill from then on. I spent the night dancing and breaking plates (quite a lot of fun for those of you who havent tried it. Otherwise, just buy a cheap dinner set from IKEA and do it at home with zorba the greek playing in the background - you may achieve the same effect). Then as I became suitable sloshed, I put my 2 cents in when it wasnt needed (being an aussie female, I have an outspoken opinion). I was sitting across the table from a couple, and on the other side of the girl was a guy (who is normally quite nice SOBER), and he was chatting her up and petting her (mind you, she didnt seem to mind), but her boyfriend was just sitting there watching. Everyone was making whispering comments about them, but tactful me just told them to cut it out - it was a little inappropriate. Needless to say, I had water thrown on me and I was quickly shitty. 5 minutes later we were all friends again, but I dont know what else happened. Black patch...

Then we went back to Toms parents, and decided that it would be an excellent idea to watch a video at 1am (when we had to be up at 7am). So we did. The meeting at work this morning proved interesting. The pidgeons flirting outside provided entertainment for my hungover - I just dont think it was wise to tell my boss while he asked me my progress in one of my projects...

Oh well - another 4 days of work until the next round of parties - some of my colleagues have invited my to a club on friday where dirty old men buy your drinks. What could go wrong?! Then squash on Saturday (yet another one of those things where I will inevitably throw a racquet out of the court) and another BBQ. I hope it wont turn out like mini-golf a year ago - I got so frustrated with not getting the ball in one stupid hole that I threw the club and it landed on an umbrella at a nearby pub. I think I need to follow a course for anger management...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For you people who think Ingrid is overexagerating about the Mini-golf. It actually did happen and ever since we never went playing mini-golf again.

Nick said...

Just so long as the pigeon didn't have a boyfriend, otherwise there would have been some trouble...

Anonymous said...

Gee Ingrid, I knew I should have taken you to squash and tennis lessons instead of sending you to ballet for all of those years! I obviously inflicted some sporting psychological damage! Hey but you can dance!